Thursday 9 February 2017

EP: Collaborating with James

James agreed to work with me on this project as environment builder, as I wanted to create 3D backgrounds textured to look 2D. This was because I felt that it would leave me with more time to focus on character animation and design. It would also solve my problem of working on perspective, as this is something that I struggle with.

For the last few weeks I have been working closely with James to produce a simple map of the world I want creating and how to go about building the world in the most efficient way for James. During the christmas break, James and I sat down and had a day of working together on mood boards and world plans in order for James to have a better idea of what was expected of him and how much work he would have to do.

Map of alternative world
Map of alternative world
Map of real world
James and I agreed that we should plan the world in blocks, as this would allow James to create a world in which he could remove the blocks not needed for certain scenes but keep everything in the same scene file within Maya, reducing file load and keeping everything in the same place. From here I will begin to develop environment sketches to help James design the worlds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment