Thursday 11 May 2017

EP: Adding Colour

Now that I have almost a minute of animation complete, I decided that I needed a break from animating, as I was struggling to stay focused and moved onto to colouring, as I wanted to have a scene at least fully rendered for submission. It was also useful, as it gave me an idea of how the colours worked and an insight into how the overall film would look when complete.

I decided to colour the scene when she is in the cave, simply because there was less to colour and I was running out of time due to poor time management.

Coloured frame

I started with this clip, as I wanted to know how long it would take for me to colour a few seconds, and like a suspected it didn't take all that long. However, when I moved onto the second half of this scene, the process became a lot slower as I had a lot of different elements to colour, which resulted in me only getting half of the second clip completed.
Coloured frame

However, despite it only being a small amount coloured, I feel that the colours work quite well and I am pleased with how the character looks overall. 

In order to get the colouring complete by end of year show, I will try to get more people involved, as the colouring takes quite a while and I will be working to a tight deadline. 

No comments:

Post a Comment