Tuesday 9 May 2017

EP: April Progress

During the Easter break I used the time as an opportunity to progress with the animating and get as much done as I could. With me being behind, I wanted to try and complete another 10 seconds, as I felt that this was achievable because animating was proving to be going a lot slower than anticipated.

At this point in the project, I felt that it would be wise to focus on the shots that I felt would showcase my skills as an animator and give me shots that I could use in my showreel, so I decided to focus on a shot that used perspective and would challenge my abilities as an animator.

However, although I knew this shot would be difficult, I found it to be a lot harder to create than expected. I really struggled with the perspective of this shot more than anything and I also struggled to get the proportions of the characters face right. This put me behind my personal schedule and I only managed to achieve 7 seconds rather than 10. However, this did make me realise that it may be a good idea to get some turn arounds of my character done so that I could use the sheets for reference in future. So I asked Katy and she kindly created a quick turn around my characters head, which made it slightly easier.


Katy's character turnaround

Although I've struggled with this scene I am still quite pleased with the outcome and I think that I have gained some strong line work to use in my showreel. Animating this scene has also given me an insight into how quickly I am working. Although I know I am capable of animating, I am working a lot slower than I usually would, so it may be beneficial for me to re-think my strategy and create a plan for submission to give me the best chance of getting as much completed as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment