Thursday 11 May 2017

EP: Collaborating with Katy

Although I have designed the main character myself, I found that I have been struggling with animating her because I have't been able to create my own turnarounds. Whilst I have the basic front, back and side views, I'm really struggling to get the inbetweens down. I'm not a character designer, so I have always struggled with areas like this despite the fact that I can draw. But I needed to find a solution regardless, as it was hindering my progress with the animation. 

So I reached out to Katy, as I know that she focuses on character design and enjoys the process. I also figured that it would give me the time to work on something else whilst she created some turnarounds for me. 

Katy's turnaround

As I was only struggling with the facial features and proportions, I asked Katy to focus on the head alone in order to keep her workload down as well. 

I also decided to use this collaboration as an opportunity to get the other characters designed as well, as I knew that I would struggle there as well. Katy was more than happy to help and used it as a chance to boost her portfolio. 


Katy's Plague Doctor turnarounds

I'm really pleased with what Katy has produced for me and I found them to be extremely useful for animating.

No comments:

Post a Comment