Tuesday 9 May 2017

EP: Final Crit

Last week marked the day of the final crit for extended practice. At this point in the project I wasn't anywhere near where I wanted to be animation wise, nor had I received any backgrounds from James at this point either, which I feel made me feel as though I hadn't have been as productive as I actually had.

Focusing on the elements I could control, I put together the animated sections I had done and added in a few placeholder foley sounds, to give everyone an idea of what sounds I wanted to use within my animatic. However, I didn't have a soundtrack, as Daniel hasn't produced anything for me at this point in time. Nonetheless, I put together what I had and explained to the class that I had a lot to do, but wanted to know which areas I should focus on for submission.


As my peers have seen my animatic a thousand times over there wasn't any feedback in terms of what I had, as it was apparent I had a lot to work on. However, they did help me pick out areas I should focus on rather than continuing to work in a linear fashion. As I have more than one character within my story, I was advised to animate the Plague Doctors and the Raven if I could manage it, as this will give me more diversity within my submission and showcase my skills as an animator in the most effective way possible. Not only this, but it will give an insight into the personality of the characters throughout the entire story. As a plus, this will also give me a variety of shots to choose from for my trailer. 

Overall, I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed with my work flow and the progress I've managed to make or lack of, however, Annabeth reminded me that as someone with an interest in purely animating, I have done my job and that I should take the time to reflect on how and why I have been struggling so much and what I could do increase productivity in the next few weeks to ensure I get my film finished for end of year show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment