Tuesday 9 May 2017

EP: Reavluating Work

After the crit last week I have decided that it would be wise to re-evaluate my work and set out a clear plan for the next week to ensure that I stay on track and only work on the areas that are essential for hand in.

For the backgrounds, James has got to work on placing all of the modeled elements he created earlier in the project into substantial worlds for me to work with and use for my backgrounds. In order to get these complete, I will need to create colour sheets for him to use and also crate sky planes, as Maya doesn't allow for us to use the AI sky with the toon-shader, therefore, we will bypass this problem by using sky planes I have drawn myself.

In terms of sound design, I have been in contact with Daniel and asked where he was in terms of progress from March, which was the last time I had received any work from him. However, he has neglected to work on this project for unknown reasons and has stated that he won't be able to get a final score completed until after my deadline. Although this is disappointing, as I would have liked to have a final score for hand in, as it will have a significant impact on my story because of how the music ties in with the main characters moods and emotions, it is out of my control and it will do me no good to fixate on this and worry. So I have asked that he work on it as soon as possible and get what he can to me by the 11th. Voice overs however, I can control and I have been adding in the relevant sound effects and voice overs as I have completed each scene, so my film won't be completely silent, however the majority of it will be sadly.

Animating is the most important element at this point, as I need to get as much done as I can before submission. However, because it will benefit my work more to have a section that is completely rendered, I feel that I may not be able to reach the 60 second mark if I want to have a 7-10 second clip of fully rendered animation. Having said this, I will try my best to get as close to 60 seconds as I possibly can and I will do this with the scenes suggested to me in the final crit.

I also need to put time aside to put together a press pack and focus on getting scenes complete in order to put together a short trailer and create a poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment