Friday 3 March 2017

EP: Final Storyboards

After looking through the animatic I had created, I re-visited my storyboard, to see if I could cut anymore panels from it and create a smoother, cleaner animatic.





I started with the introduction, as I knew that I wanted this to be within the 30 second region including title time. Although I wasn't able to cut much I did manage to cut a couple of panels and I also re-adjusted the end of the sequence to make it clearer and flow better into the start of the film. 












Looking through my original panels I found that act one of the film is the longest and had the potential to be cut down the most. So I went through the panels and cut out the ones that I felt weren't necessary to the story. Once I had put them together in boards, I realised that I could cut further panels. Although this section still seems quite long, I feel that I have managed to cut it down a lot whilst maintaining a clear narrative. 












The rest of the storyboard was relatively straight forward and I managed to cut out a few panels and then more once I set them all out. 
Although there are still a considerable amount of panels remaining, I feel a lot happier with my overall story and I feel that my narrative will be much clearer in an animatic and will be a lot easier to follow. I also feel that I have managed to cut my storyboards enough to fit my animatic within the 2:30 minutes range that I have set for this project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment