Saturday 11 March 2017

EP: Learning Walk Cycles

Before I started to animate, I realised that I would be needing to animate a walk cycle, which is something I have never actually done before surprisingly enough. So I thought it would be a good idea to get the good old Animator's Survival Kit from the shelf and attempt to animate my first ever walk cycle. As I've never done one before, I followed the book very closely and used the example model that the book uses just to test with. 

I started off with the key frames and poses and I was pretty pleased with the overall outcome, however, I did feel that the walk would come out a little bouncy and as though the character was determined to get places.


Which I was right about. The overall walk isn't bad for a first attempt and I am confident that I know the key poses and how a walk cycle works, so I should be able to create a number of different walk cycles for my film. However, it may take me a little longer than other parts, as I will be learning as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment