Saturday 25 March 2017

EP: Re-recording Voice Overs

As I mentioned earlier in the project, I felt that the voice overs I had previously gained from my last session didn't quite fit with the overall tone of my animation and that I wanted to focus more on the subtle noises and completely cut the speech altogether. Whilst Emily had recorded some subtle noises, they weren't actually all that subtle, so I decided to ask a couple of my peers to re-record them for me, so that I had the sounds I wanted and they would fit the story better.

I asked Katy to voice Emily, as I felt that she would be able to make quite subtle noises with her being quiet to start with and I asked Max to voice the Plague Doctors, as he is a pro at making the most weird noises known to man.

Overall, I feel that I have a collection of voice overs that will work much better in my final film and I am glad that I took the time out to re-record. However, due to the nature of the noises, I will have to add them as I go, as they are just general sounds. Doing it this way will allow me to choose the most appropriate sound for the mood of that shot, rather than having a pre-planned audio file.

No comments:

Post a Comment