Friday 3 March 2017

EP: Layout Update

Last week I sat down with James to talk about the layout of the cave, as he wanted to start with this but was having trouble with figuring out how to model it and where the character would be based on my storyboard. In order to help him, I created a few quick sketches of the layout and where I wanted certain things to be.




James seemed to find these helpful and was happy to have a better idea of what I was looking for. We also used the time to discuss the aesthetic I wanted to go for. I knew that I didn't want it to look realistic, as I wanted it to work with my characters and fit with the overall mood of the film, so we decided on low poly with a toon texture on the top to flatten it out and add shading.
I'm looking forward to seeing what James will produce for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment