Saturday 11 March 2017

EP: Starting to Animate

With my animatic ready for the screening on Thursday, I decided that I would make a start on animating. I initially decided to start with a walk cycle and try to get as many done as possible, as I will be re-using the walk cycles throughout the animation and it would have meant a huge chunk of work completed and encouraged me to keep going. However, they were proving to be quite difficult, and as I haven't animated properly since last year I was getting really frustrated with it. 

So I decided to move away from character animation and do some water animation. I've only ever done water animation once before and that was in my first year, so I decided to go back to the beginning and do my research again. 
Elemental Magic: Volume II by Joseph Gilland has been a God send for my water animation and gave me all the information I needed in order to animate it. Overall, I am really pleased with my final outcome. I feel I have managed to create a very smooth and fluid (pun intended) motion. 
Not only this, but the process didn't take me too long considering I was learning it as I went. 


I then decided to add my character falling into the water, which I also feel went well and I am happy with the overall result. I'm pleased that the character fits well with the style of the water animation, as I was worried that the water would be slightly too realistic, however this isn't the case. 

No comments:

Post a Comment