Saturday 11 April 2015

Applied Animation: Character Concepts - Mort

After taking a break from character design (because I was getting slightly frustrated with it) I decided that I'd finally continue with it and get it finished so I wouldn't have to think about it anymore during this project. Because Mort wears similar clothes to Death in the book, Mort, it wasn't too difficult to come up with ideas for his clothes. However, I did really struggle with finding the motivation to do these concepts so I feel that I may have settled for the one I like because I'm tired of doing it. Having said that the design I have chosen works well for what I want it to be and I feel that in this case I am lucky, as I can get away with it.

Concept 1

Concept 2

Both designs are very similar however, I prefer the second design because it is a lot simpler, which reduces my work load. Plus Mort doesn't actually appear much in the first few pages so I feel that I can get away with a slightly less detailed design, as he won't be making much of an appearance. I also prefer the design with the hood, as it holds onto that sense of mystery, which I feel the book also contains.

No comments:

Post a Comment