Wednesday 22 April 2015

Applied Animation: Daniel Kanemoto's The Walking Dead

Before I begin to animate I thought I'd look at the title sequence of The Walking Dead created in After Effects by Daniel Kanemoto. I wanted to look at his work because I thought it would be really relevant to part of my own animation and I feel like I could benefit a lot from seeing other work that is similar to what I'm doing that has been created using the same programme as I am.


Although the theme and the content aren't all that similar, it was nice to see how effectively Kanemoto has been able to use the 3D cameras within After Effects and it has shown me exactly what can be achieved within After Effects if I were to spend quite some time on it, tweaking lighting, depth of field and camera focus. 

I also like this animation because it demonstrates good scene transitions and good camera movement, which are also things I want to consider in my own animation. Overall, I really just wanted to watch this again to get a feel for what I could potentially create when using After Effects in my own work and give myself an inspiration boost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment