Friday 3 April 2015

Applied Animation: Environment Concepts - Hall of Hourglasses Part 1

To get started, I decided that it may be a good idea to take my own photographs of rooms throughout my house that are similar to the ideas I have for this particular environment.

This has given me a good idea about perspective and it has also allowed me to experiment with different perspectives, so I get a better idea about which angle I would like to animate at and so on.

Slightly to the side of the shelf
Flush with the shelf



Low camera angle

Centred camera and slightly to the side of the shelf


























































However, whilst they give me an idea of space and perspective, there is only one shelf, rather than two on either side, which makes it a little difficult to see how the room would appear from a 'straight on' view. So these might not be a helpful as I would have hoped. Having said this, combined with the refernces taken from Harry Potter I'm feeling confident that I will be able to create an environment that I am happy with.

No comments:

Post a Comment