Thursday 16 April 2015

Applied Animation: The Space Bit

So it dawned on me today that I hadn't actually thought about the space scene within my animation that will literally appear for a second, if that. Nonetheless, it is still an environment that I had to design regardless of how long it will appear in my animation and that was okay because I thought it wouldn't take all that long and I don't have to create it in too much detail because it won't be there long enough for people to pick up on it. Yet, I still ended up creating quite a detailed space environment that I am really proud of.


This was my first attempt at doing anything like this and I think it looks pretty damn amazing (if I do say so myself). Enough of how proud I am of myself though. Whilst I was creating this environment I was thinking about how this environment was going to be used within my animation. This particular part of the animation occurs when Death looks through the hourglass and I thought it would look really great if I were to use After Effects for this, as I would be able to use 3D cameras and create that sense of depth and help to illustrate the fact that the character is looking through into a certain point in time and space. So I've created a number of layers within this composition ready for use in After Effects. All I need to create now is the turtle...

No comments:

Post a Comment